Mission & Vision
Our mission is to Serve, Educate and Unite.
Our vision is to see a world of Allah (SWT) consciousness respect, dignity and justice.
We are people who will always strive to:
- Live by the teachings of Al- Quran and the sayings & actions of “Messengers” (PBUH)
- Demonstrate generosity, integrity, truthfulness, forgiveness, humility & modesty
- Treat each other and all humanity with respect, fairness and justice
- Continually acquire knowledge, learn, implement and improve ourselves; also encourage & help others to do the same
- Take responsibility, work as a team, build relationships and partnerships based on doing the right thing for the community as a whole
- Have energy, enthusiasm, and the courage to lead the community in precise direction
- Be honest & accountable to each other; continually remember death, and fearing final accountability to Allah (SW).
Our Purpose are to:
- Focus on the benefit of the “Marks Gate Muslim community” prayer meetings, religious festivals celebration; whilst ensuring services are open to enlighten Muslims and non-Muslims with the opportunity to learn and understand Islam, through dialogue, discussion and social interaction
- Meet the needs of the local community by the provision of supplementary education for children, young and adult
- Contribute to the social, cultural, spiritual and economic enhancement of the whole community, through policy and strategic development and service.
MGMC for Serving the Community, working together:
The “Marks Gate Muslim Community” (MGMC) started its journey in 2013, by some local Muslim brother’s, for youth and adult to be actively engaging in faith, unity and worship. It is our belief that our primary concern should be to serve the needs of the local community and to work towards the common good. In recent years there has been noticeable improvement in Marks Gate in education, religious festivals and community cohesion. We are hoping a coming together of distinguished Muslims and non-Muslims to create Marks Gate’s first mosque in near future.
Opposing Extremism and Promoting Tolerance:
The Marks Gate Muslim Community works actively to promote tolerance and understanding. Our Imams, community committee and workers encourage constructive engagement in society and rejection of extremism in all its forms. We advise worshipers to ensure they are registered to vote and take a part in local and national elections.
Youth and Woman: Encouraging Participation
We are engaging youth in programmes of learning and recreating, dealing with issues of anti-social behaviour, hate crime, drugs, extremism and gang culture. Facilities are provided to allow woman to access relevant services in a culturally sensitive environment, including counselling service, special events and social support.